The 10 Best Designs and creative ideas for a business card, they don’t just have to be plain pieces of card in your wallet!
- At number one is the Flow Yoga Business Card, at flow yoga they offer the best in yoga treatments to give you a great relaxing experience. Their creative business card rolls up like a real yoga mat.
- At number two is the quirky idea of a miniature comb with a print of the business on it. This is a groovy business card designed for a rock and roll hair salon in Rome. It’s extremely clever design even plays a rock tune if you run your fingernail against the comb.
- At number three is an advertisement for a stationary company. The clever card comes equipped with a drum skin and pencils shaped like drumsticks. Create your very own beat wherever you are.
- Elixia, a health and Wellness group are able to show their creativity skills in their business card. A clever and interesting way to advertise.
- Dr Al is a dentist; his business card includes a set of teeth cut into the bottom with dental floss through them. Clean and creative!
- Choko La is a chocolate company. This is not like any ordinary business card, in fact if you were to see this on a desk you would probably throw it in the rubbish. Not to say it isn’t good though, it’s a wonderfully creative idea acting as a sweet wrapper. When the wrapper is opened however you will come across the company’s information. Chocolate and advertising what more could you want?
- At seven is a business card for a company which sells cleaning products, it is printed on a real sponge and is small enough to keep in a wallet.
- Next is a business card for a roofer. The design is fairly simple inside however the outside resembles a roof when stood upright.
- This is a business card for Levin Tahmaz, a personal trainer who helps you to get fit. His business card features a large figure that can be peeled off to reveal a toned figure. Motivation is clearly the key.
- At ten there is the graphic designer Jose Antonio Contreras and his fun little business card. If you want to find out the name details and number of the company you will need to complete a word search. Of course if you aren’t very good at word searches then the answers can always be located on the back.
Jake is extremely interested in anything to do with businesses and techniques that will help improve a business. He is particularly interested in business cards and cheap business cards.
Do you have unique looking business cards for your Salon? How do you make your salon stand out from the rest? Please share.
In order for your business to be recognized by potential customers and increase growth you need to make sure you are advertising your business.
The first thing that pops into people’s minds when they think advertising is cost.
It is true that some advertising methods can be very costly but others are low cost and some are even free!
So rather than forking out for those expensive advertising methods such as billboards or posters on the side of a bus why not try these low cost ways of advertising:
- Sign up to social networking sites: Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter are a great way to advertise your business. On Facebook you can create a company page where you can advertise your products and services to potential customers. You can also build and create vital relationships between you and your clients in order to gain trust and recognition. It is also a great way to share with your customers any deals, offers or information you may have on new stock. Twitter allows you to create an account where you can gain followers keeping them updated on what’s going on in the business. Both of these social networking sites allow your followers to then comment and give you feedback on your produce so that you can carry on improving and expanding to meet the needs of your clientele. Other social networking sites include LinkedIn and Google Plus+.
- Start Blogging: Blogging is a time consuming way of advertising but it works, not only is blogging free but it also helps to increase traffic to your website. A blog is a fantastic way of bringing in new clients especially if it is updated regularly and the information provided is informative and correct. People begin to trust and respect those who provide good quality information that can solve their problems.
- Networking: Networking is a great way to advertise your business as well as meet other people from other businesses. The idea is that you can help others to gain custom for their business and in return they will help you. If for example they know someone who is looking for a particular product in your area then they can direct them to you and vice versa.
- Pay Per Click Adverts: In other words you can put up an advert for free say on Google Ads but you only pay for it every time someone clicks on your Ad. This is a good way to monitor how many people are interested in what you have to offer, how many of them click on your ad and also how many people place an order. And by using PPC methods if no one clicks on your ad you haven’t lost any money and you can use your budget elsewhere.
- Flyers and Free Samples: Everyone loves a free sample; whether it is a keyring or some customized mints they seem to draw in a lot of attention. A good place to hand out free samples is at expositions where there are many other companies who may be interested in the products and services you offer. You can also hand out flyers and cheap business cards that clearly state your company name and details. Business cards and flyers can be handed out almost anywhere making it an excellent way of spreading word about your business. It is however important that you make them stand out from the rest in order to interest people and stop them from throwing them away. They don’t have to expensive but you should aim to be inventive.
Image Source: http://pinterest.com/pin/117515871499345687/
Today we will explore the benefit and potential need of Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising for your Salon or Spa.
You have a local salon that is looking to find local customers, right? Even if you own more than one, your salons or spas are probably located in neighboring areas. So will Pay Per Click Advertising work for you and is it worth the effort and money?
First you have to consider if your clients and customers are looking for your salon online. How many people visit your website on a monthly basis? Do you have a successful Facebook page that sends traffic back to your website and ultimately into your salon or spa? If your potential clients don’t look for your type of business, a hair salon or beauty spa, online then even the best laid out PPC campaign isn’t going to bring you a lot of business.
Once you determined that your clientele is online and searching for you, take a look at your competition. Even in a small town there are usually more than just a couple of hair salons available, from the fancy styling salon & spa to the self employed hair dresser advertising their business out of their home. It’s a known fact that over 90% of the clicks on a search page (Google, Yahoo, Bing or any other search engine) go to a listing or website link on the first page of that search result. Very few people ever bother to click on the second or third page. So, if your salon website or business listing doesn’t show up when you search for ‘hair salon in your town and state’ you are loosing some serious traffic and potential business. And that is where Pay Per Click Advertising comes in. Your PPC salon ads will show on the top or sidebar for your specified keywords.We all have heard the horror stories of businesses burning through hundreds and even thousands of dollars in one day, because millions of people where clicking on their ads from all over the world.
That is why careful marketing research is so important! If your campaign is set up correctly, you will only pay for the visitors that click on the ad because they are seriously interested in your Salon or Spa in the location (city and state) you specified. Plus, you will never pay for ads that simply just show up in front of people, unless they act and click.
PPC advertising certainly isn’t for everyone and every business! That holds true if your clientele isn’t using the internet or a smart phone to browse for businesses or you don’t know the first thing about how to set up an effective ad campaign, how to do the research and the psychology of advertising that is involved with having a successful PPC ad. That being said, there is no reason to just hang up the towel and forgetting about the whole thing. There are a plethora of highly trained professionals available that will gladly research your business, set up your PPC campaign, monitor your ads and send you detailed reports on how many people clicked on your ads and how much money each click cost you.
Interested in having a basic PPC Account set up for your Salon or Spa? One that is set up correctly so that it can bring you more traffic to your salon or spa website and ultimately more business through the door, click here to contact a certified Google Adwords Pay Per Click professional.
How to videos are extremely popular and can reach thousands of potential salon clients.
My husband’s hobby is making recycled bottles into bottle lamps. A couple of months ago I made a video of him showing the process of making a bottle lamp from start to finish. The video explains the tools needed for the project, step by step instructions and what to look out for when drilling a glass bottle. We uploaded the video to youtube and less than four months later we have almost 10,000 views and over forty comments. Click here to watch the ‘How to make Bottle Lights’ video.
A few things you need to pay attention to when making a successful How To video for your salon.
- Think about what your clients might want to learn at home. For instance, a ‘How to use a curling iron’ could be a good subject.
- Introduce yourself and your salon at the beginning of the video.
- Give clear and precise instructions explaining the process.
- Make sure there isn’t a lot of distracting background noise while you’re shooting your how to video.
- At the end of the video tell your viewers how they can find you and get in contact with you. Give them your website address, physical address, phone number and/or Facebook URL.
- Ask your viewers to leave you a comment and like the video.
- When uploading the video place it into the ‘How To’ category.
- Add a descriptive title ‘How to use a curling iron’.
- Add you website URL in the first line of the description.
- Add the description of your video content. You can type out your dialogue and/or write a few lines telling your viewers more about yourself and your salon.
- Enter your keywords including the title, your salon name and anything else you can think of that your future viewers might look for.
- Once the video is done uploading, go to the video editor and enter the date and your zip code.
- Make sure the video is set for public viewing and enable sharing.
- Share your video on your website, Facebook page, Newsletter, etc.
Youtube is the biggest video sharing website at the moment. There are many other free video sharing site you can use. DailyMotion, Metacafe, 4shared, Ning and Hulu are just a few that come to mind. Click here to find a huge list of video sharing websites.
As a salon owner or manager I’m sure you will be able to think of many potential how to videos that your clients will find useful. How to videos will give you and your salon recognition and ultimately drive traffic to your website and salon.
Do you currently use videos in your Salon marketing? Please share your experience.
Google offers a pay per click advertising system called “Adwords”. Google Adwords is an extremely powerful tool. This means you only have to pay Google for your Salon Ad when someone actually clicks on your Ad. This method of pay per click advertising can help you prevent wasting your hard earned dollars on people who are not interested in your product or service. In fact, the pay per click system allows you to zero in and target your advertising to very specific people and locations.
Pay Google to advertise your salon or spa and your ads can display on the internet in many different places. They can show on the main Google search site, or on other people’s websites.
If used correctly Google Adwords can bring you a ton of hot prospects, people who are looking for what you are selling and the services you are offering.
Here are some Google Adwords Tips that can help get you started.
- Make sure you set your daily budget
- Set your Ad Campaign to use the Search Network Only (Turn off Display Network)
- Set your Geographical Location to the area you want to sell to
- Create 2 Ads that are slightly different and test to see which does better
Keep in mind, online advertising and the number of clicks make up only part of the process. It does no good to drive qualified leads to your website only to have your website fail to do it’s job. Your websites job is to get the website visitor to take action! That action might be to get them to call, make an appointment, place an order, or sign up for your email list.
Google Adwords advertising is a powerful tool, but it must be used correctly or else it will not work and you could potentially waste a ton of money.
Learn more about this excellent opportunity in advertising!
Visit our web page that explains a quick way to get started with Google Adwords.
Have you tried Google Adwords for your Salon or Spa? Please share your experience below.
How do you like the new Facebook timeline? Love it or hate it, you might as well get used to it. By the end of March all of the business pages will be converted to the new timeline as well. Want to be ahead of most of the other hair salons and spas? Here are a few tips to consider before, during and after changing your business Facebook page to the new timeline layout.
Creating a successful Facebook page requires more than just a few clicks, especially with the new timeline design.
Here is an example of an old Facebook business page and the new Facebook timeline layout.
- Before switching over to the new Facebook timeline consider who your fans are.
Try to find out who your target group is and do your clients and potential customers actually use Facebook. Take a look at what your competitors are doing as well.
- Define your objectives for the fan page.
Are you trying to sell products to your fans or will you use Facebook to provide salon updates, fun facts, client photos a.s.o. (Avoid marketing and advertising text.)
- Who will be in charge of your business page.
More than one person can be an administrator for your business page, but you must outline responsibilities and guidelines.
- Create a profile picture and cover photo.
The profile picture (square & small) should ideally be your company logo, it will show on all of your post. The cover photo measures 851 pixels by 315 pixels and should be unique, fun and reflect your business.
- Make sure your relevant company information shows.
The information options within the info tab vary Continue reading
Advertising your Salon or Spa should be a task that is given great attention.
Many Salon owners do not spend much time thinking about and working on their advertising campaigns. If you are one of those, I don’t blame you. You have many other things to do. But you need to give it some attention, because it can make or break your business.
What advertising should you use for your Beauty Salon or Spa? There are many choices. The usual ones are brochures, flyers, newspaper ads, magazine ads, website ads, etc… Of course you also have your sign in front of your Salon. In some cases this might be enough to bring you most of your customers.
But if you have a lot of competition, and many salons and spas certainly do, then you may need more than just a sign and a newspaper ad. You also need your salon advertising to be effective. There are too many advertisements costing too much money that don’t work. I know this from personal experience.
So how do you make your advertising work? Salons and Spas who buy advertising are often led through advertising choices by an advertising sales person. They will be shown nice looking advertisements with lots of color and fancy graphics. This is all fine, but it’s not the most important part of advertising. What the ad says and how effective it is at getting the attention of the reader is much more important than the color and graphics.
An effect advertisement must do three things well.
First, it must get the attention of the reader. Usually a great headline with a picture will be most effective. The ad on the right has a picture but has no good headline.
Second, the advertisement must connect with the reader. It should not simply talk about the Salon or Spa and how great it is. The reader must be interested because the words imply that your Salon relates to the reader in some way. Again, the ad on the right might connect with some people because of the picture, but there is nothing else to connect with.
And third, there just has to be some kind of call to action. This is often missed but it’s very important. The ad must ask the reader to do something. This can be as simple as saying “Call this number now…” or offering a coupon that expires soon. Finally, the ad on the right has a phone number and a coupon for a call to action.
So this ad on the right is OK but not great. It’s formatted well and colorful but the real measure of success is not Continue reading
One thing is for sure. This is very common practice among salons and spas.
You look in the yellow pages or newspaper and see what your competitors are doing, then just change the names and addresses to your own and, voila, you have your own ad.
Seems to make sense. You want to compete right? Well, yes, you want to compete. But you also want to stand out from your competition.
To stand out from your competition requires you to be different.
So much for the idea of copying your competitors.
The other problem with doing what competing salons and spas do is that you have no idea if it works. Sadly, many salons and spas have no idea if their Continue reading