video for salon
Using Video to market your Beauty Salon is a big deal these days.
Many of your competing salons will not bother with the little bit of time and effort it takes to create a video to market your salon. They will never realize how easy it is and how many potential clients they are missing out on.
Once you know the routine on how to create successful videos and the process to maximize your results, it’s pretty quick and easy to market your salon via videos.
Here are the most vital video marketing tips and trends:
Salon Videos and Search Engines Trends – Youtube is the largest video hosting website. It is estimated that 60 hours of video are uploaded on Youtube every minute! Since Youtube is part of Google, many times videos will show up among search results. Having your salon video show on the first page of a Google search result will be a huge advantage. But how do you get your video to show in search engines? Make sure you have a relevant title, good keywords and a long description of your video.
Tips for creating your salon video – With smart phones and the many choices of cameras to choose from is easier than ever to make your own videos. To get the best quality video make sure to use a camcorder though. An external microphone and tri-pod will also be a smart investment if you’re making videos on a regular basis. Having a steady picture with good sound and the right lighting is half the battle of creating a quality video. Remember to cut out the background chatter as well.
Uploading your salon video – As mentioned before, Youtube is the obvious choice, but there are many other video sharing websites to choose from. Here is a list of the most popular video hosting services: BlogTV, Dailymotion, Flickr, Hulu, Metacafe, Myspace, Photobucket, Vimeo, Wistia and Yahoo! Video. Simply create an account, include your business name, email, website, physical address and any other information your visitors might want to know about you.
After you’re done uploading your videos to various video sharing sites, you should also embed your salon video into your own website, on your salon facebook page and other social media sites.
To attract clients online it’s important to build trust! There is no better way to do so than with a personal message via video.
How to videos are extremely popular and can reach thousands of potential salon clients.
My husband’s hobby is making recycled bottles into bottle lamps. A couple of months ago I made a video of him showing the process of making a bottle lamp from start to finish. The video explains the tools needed for the project, step by step instructions and what to look out for when drilling a glass bottle. We uploaded the video to youtube and less than four months later we have almost 10,000 views and over forty comments. Click here to watch the ‘How to make Bottle Lights’ video.
A few things you need to pay attention to when making a successful How To video for your salon.
- Think about what your clients might want to learn at home. For instance, a ‘How to use a curling iron’ could be a good subject.
- Introduce yourself and your salon at the beginning of the video.
- Give clear and precise instructions explaining the process.
- Make sure there isn’t a lot of distracting background noise while you’re shooting your how to video.
- At the end of the video tell your viewers how they can find you and get in contact with you. Give them your website address, physical address, phone number and/or Facebook URL.
- Ask your viewers to leave you a comment and like the video.
- When uploading the video place it into the ‘How To’ category.
- Add a descriptive title ‘How to use a curling iron’.
- Add you website URL in the first line of the description.
- Add the description of your video content. You can type out your dialogue and/or write a few lines telling your viewers more about yourself and your salon.
- Enter your keywords including the title, your salon name and anything else you can think of that your future viewers might look for.
- Once the video is done uploading, go to the video editor and enter the date and your zip code.
- Make sure the video is set for public viewing and enable sharing.
- Share your video on your website, Facebook page, Newsletter, etc.
Youtube is the biggest video sharing website at the moment. There are many other free video sharing site you can use. DailyMotion, Metacafe, 4shared, Ning and Hulu are just a few that come to mind. Click here to find a huge list of video sharing websites.
As a salon owner or manager I’m sure you will be able to think of many potential how to videos that your clients will find useful. How to videos will give you and your salon recognition and ultimately drive traffic to your website and salon.
Do you currently use videos in your Salon marketing? Please share your experience.