website advertising for salons
Having a full fledged website isn’t something every business needs. There are all the different social media sites, Google, Yahoo & Bing Business pages and various other websites, like Yellow Book, to share your contact information and basic business information. So, as a salon owner do you really need a website? YES, because your potential clients want to know more about your business than your phone number and physical address.
Here are the Most Important Things to have on your Salon website:
A map to your location and easy to find contact information
Besides showing your phone number and address it’s a good idea to show your visitors exactly where your salon or spa is located on a map along with easy to follow directions. You don’t want your potential clients to get lost on their way to your business. Have your phone number highly visible in the header or sidebar and make the number clickable, click here to see how.
Pictures and videos to add depth to your website
Most website visitors love to look at pictures, especially perfectly coiffed men and women. You have absolutely no excuse to slack on pictures and videos in your business. Integrate photos into your articles, have a client slideshow, show off the latest styles and products in short video clips. You could also create various photo galleries. How about a gallery for your staff to high light their individual expertise, a photo gallery to introduce the layout of your salon to new clients, a gallery just for children or photos of the newest trends or wacky what not to do’s.
Interact and start to build a relationship
Once a visitor has found your site it is important that they are compelled to stay on it for a while and of course, you should give them a reason to come back. The longer your visitors stay on your website, the higher the chance that they will reach out to you, share your website and expertise with friends and family and remember you and your business later on. Be friendly and informative! When writing articles for your website always ask your visitors to respond in some way. Ask for your visitors opinions, have them leave a comment, email you or share your article on their Facebook or other social media sites to start a conversation.
A successful website for your salon isn’t just about supplying your visitors with general information. A salon website should be a fun place to visit, where your clients can find out what’s new in the world of beauty, where they can get all the information they need to feel comfortable and will want to come to your salon for their next appointment.
Image Source: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/374914
Many websites for salons and spas look pretty, but they fall short because the websites are poorly built and are missing important pieces. Don’t get me wrong, a visually pleasing website is nice to have. Just remember that there are other aspects that need to be considered in order for your customers to find you and successfully use your website.
Do Fill Your Salon Website With Good Content
- All content for your website should consist of relevant pictures, text, and links. It’s most important that your website consists of what your salon and spa visitors are looking for, and it must contain value to your visitor. Good content also helps give search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo more information about your business, which helps your website rank higher in search results.
Do Get Rid Of Unnecessary Clutter
- Every page on your salon website should be simple to read, with defined headers and sub-headers. Don’t overwhelm your visitors with too much information on one page. Keep in mind, simple websites are much more favored by visitors than complicated, sophisticated looking websites.
Do Have Clear Site Navigation
- A good website makes it easy for your visitors to find the content they are looking for. Clear site navigation is a result of careful planning and categorizing the website content. Your main menu should categorize the main functionality, like contact, about, services, etc. Sub pages, pages that are one level below the main pages, should categorize the information. For example, your salon or spa website might have sub categories consisting of the various services you offer.
Do Include Contact Information
- Your contact information should be included on every page, not just the contact page. If you depend on people calling, you must make your phone number very easy to see. Make your contact phone number large so it stands out and include it in as many places as possible. To make your phone number clickable for smart phones just wrap your phone number in a link like this:
Do Optimize For Search Engines
- Your Salon and Spa website needs to be created with meaningful, unique and accurate titles on all pages and paragraphs. Your images should be include html alt tags and titles. Use hyperlinks that point to other pages within your website, like this link to our 3 Inexpensive Marketing Tips. Link to other websites that are relevant and useful to your visitor.
There’s much more to a successful website, but every salon and spa website must include these 5 Important Website Do’s.
Does your salon or spa website follow these guidelines?
Leave us a comment with a link to your website, we would love to take a look.
The short answer is YES, you need a website for your Salon or Spa! Every business, no matter if you’re a service or retail business, needs to have an internet presence. More and more people search for business information like phone numbers and business hours on the internet, and especially on their smart phones. As a matter of fact, 1 in 3 mobile searches is for a local business like yours.
What should you consider when creating a local business website?
An attractive, engaging and easy to navigate website is important for your visitors, but most website designers will focus all of their efforts on appearance rather than the real purpose of a successful internet presence.
There are 2 important parts to any website:
1 – Information for your Salon and Spa Customers
Place your contact information in a highly visible font on the top part of all of your website pages so potential clients don’t have to waste time and effort looking for it. Include timely, relevant and interesting information about you, your staff and your salon or spa. Include business hours, maps, directions, specials, future promotions, services, items for sale, etc. Always engage your clients with a ‘call to action’. Ask your visitors to leave a comment, send an email if they have questions, or ask their opinion about something. Capture potential and existing customers by asking them to enter their information on a Newsletter sign up form.
2 – Find-ability of your Website
It isn’t enough to build a great looking website and hoping someone will stumble across it. Your website needs to be optimized for numerous search terms and various other tools need to be implemented. It starts with your website name. The example here is one of our very own websites of a local Hair Salon. The business name is Salon Panache and the website name is www.salonpanachealex.com. Anyone searching for a Salon in Alexandria will be able to find Salon Panache. On the other hand, if your business Continue reading